Tuesday 3 January 2017

More Legion of the Damned!

Hey all,


Happy new Year to you all! I hope you all had a good one and you're now completely focused on the important things in life such as what new army you are going to collect ;) oh and family friends etc etc.... I've been mostly working on the Ravenwing and sorting out my general life but I have found some time to do a bit of work on the Damned with some serious time given over to their flames. I really struggle with this kind of small detail layering work so its never going to be as good as the big painting boys! 

That said I am very pleased with how its come out. I'll pop a few before pictures so you can get a better idea of the changes :)

BEFORE:







AFTER:





Let me know what you think anyway :) these four should be done pretty soon aside from the bases and then I can move on to the sergeant and the chap with the converted standard as you'll see when I get some pictures of them up! I've go some Heresy work coming up as well on my Solar Auxilia, but for the most part expect January to be working on getting the Assassins and Dark Angels done. 

I will have some posts coming up as well asking about formats of reviews and the like so I will be looking for all your opinions :) Oh and my gaming set up at home is nearly ready for show and tell! Here's a teaser...



Peace out,

Rob

8 comments:

  1. I love Legion of the Damned - hope they release some new stuff this year as support for Imperial Agents.

    These guys look the shiz pal (despite the flames being inside out ;) )
    Hope you get the chance to use them now the Blood Angels are gone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha hey don't blame me for inside out flames, its all the rage you know :P

      Well after getting imperial agents I have something a bit cuckoo planned for the last quarter of this year... 8th edition if it drops may change all that though!

      Delete
  2. Looking good! I have always liked the Legion of the Damned and hope to see them on the table more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put them off for so long but I feel like I've breezed these guys so it'd be nice to give them some love

      Delete
  3. Great work Rob! Can't wait to see them turn up in battle (always when you least expect it.....).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe they'll turn up in yours... plot twist!

      Delete
  4. Great little set up there for battles and are you getting the Codex Imperial Agents or the LotD digital mini-dex to field them? Or just the Codex SM rules? Either way, they have always performed well on the table for me, 3++ keeps them around, Slow and Purposeful means the Multi-Melta gets to fire and Deep Strike always helps get them there! Just a tad expensive but a nice fluffy unit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was very pleased with the folding table, £50 for the pair, just a tiny bit short on length but not noticeable really.

      My gf bought me Imperial Agents and I've been loving building lists with it! The LotD are not really my main focus with it, but if I ever pick up some more of them for cheap they might be...

      Delete